Not sure where to start gathering together content for your new website? Download this fillable pdf checklist to guide you through the process.
HOW TO USE THIS CHECKLIST
The information below explains the terminology and information you may like to provide for each page of your website. Inside the checklist are tables to help you gather and organise the information for each page.
Page Name – This is the page name for internal purposes. For example: Home, About, Products, Services, Contact, Blog, News, Case Studies
Keyword – What is the focus of this page in one word or phrase?
Title – What title should appear on the page? It may or may not be the same as the page name above. For instance, the title on your contact page may be “Get in Touch”
Copy – The text content of the page. Don’t forget to use subtitles to break up large blocks of content. Subtitles are recommended to help your website guests quickly locate the information they are after, and therefore are smiled upon by the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) gods.
Internal Links – Think about where in your copy, you can link to other pages or content on your website. A network of internal links, tells Google that your content is cohesive and relevant.
Media – Logo, graphics, photos, video, audio, map etc. Place file names or descriptions of the media here.
Call to Action – Calls-to-action keep visitors progressing through the purchase process, towards your final goal, such as a buying a product or making an enquiry. Create clear calls to action on each page, for example “schedule a consultation” “enquire here” “follow us on Facebook” “sign up for our newsletter” “tell us what you think in the comments below.”
- Logo – Vector format preferred, however a .jpg and/or .png are fine
- Social media – Account information to be integrated into website e.g. share buttons and/or links to social media accounts.
- Terms and Conditions – Website Terms and Conditions are not legally required however they are a good idea to address your intellectual property rights. Terms and Conditions may include how the website can be used, such as sharing your blogs with attribution to you, and prohibited conduct e.g. a competitor using your website or its content.
- Case studies and testimonials – One of the best ways to market your business is through the power of your existing customers. Not only can they literally tell people how great you are, they can also provide examples of how your products and services can be implemented. What’s more, their narratives are the social proof of success that future customers want to see.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Publishing answers to the most questions your customers most frequently ask, can save you time, and help maintain customer’s momentum through your sales funnel.
- 404 Error page – An option to customize the page that will be seen by website visitors if a link becomes broken or other website error occurs.
- Careers/Hiring information
Have an existing website that needs a refresh? ZP Creative offers an obligation-free website evaluation report valued at $150! We provide a comprehensive analysis of areas such as Content, User Experience, Technical Performance, Security and Search Engine Optimization in a customized report, when you request a proposal for having your website refreshed or rebuilt.